Seasonal allergies - the basics.
Who needs a mammogram?
Breakfast Television: Colon cancer screening
Lu is an accomplished speaker and particularly enjoys speaking
on topics related to health care, living well, chronic illness,
narrative medicine, and arts health. She has been a medical
expert on CityTV's Breakfast Television, The Weather Network,
and CBC NewsNow, and
a lecturer for the University of British Columbia Medical
Undergraduate Program. Her background in acting makes her a
dynamic, entertaining speaker, and as a family doctor, she is an
expert at explaining medical topics clearly and making complex
medical issues easier to understand.
- The Healing Power of Storytelling: How writing and the
arts can improve health care
and your health
- Creating Wellness: Finding and maintaining balance in
- Direction, Choice, and Opportunity: How to follow your
dreams and do what you want
- Art, medicine, and life: Navigating the road less
travelled and finding your own path
- Acting medicine: How acting helps me be a better doctor
and a better person
- Partners in care: How to work with your family doctor to
ensure the best care possible
- Seasonal Allergies: Who gets them, Why, and What should
I do to feel better?
- Mammograms: Do I need one and what are the risks?
- Colon Cancer: What is it and who needs screening?
- Immunizations: How do they work and who needs them?
- Over 50! What preventative and screening tests do I need
as I get older?
- Heart disease: Am I at risk and what should I do to
- Stress!! How can I reduce my anxiety and get back on
- Depression: What is going on with my brain?
- Stories from the Closet: what it's like to live with a
- My illness is invisible: How to live well with chronic
- Dance Medicine: Injuries and sports medicine in dancers
- Pregnancy: What to expect from your family doctor
- How to prepare for pregnancy: who should I see, what
should I do, what can I eat?
- Radiation in Pregnancy: what are the risks of radiation
to pregnant women?
- Antidepressant use in Pregnancy: what are the risks and
- What is that red thing? Common skin rashes in children
Previous talks include:
CityTV's Breakfast Television:
(each video approx 4 min)
Full playlist on YouTube
- Dr. Lu on The Weather Network (approx 1 min videos):
- CBC News Network: Video
(approx 3 min)
- Dr. Yvette Lu is interviewed by Ian Hanomansing of CBC News Now about Kate Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge's diagnosis of Acute Morning Sickness.